Second Iteration Application Process
The 2nd iteration will be open to all qualified applicants defined as follows
- Unmatched CMG’s
- Physicians currently in training and in practice
- Eligible IMGs with or without a BC IMG Assessment
To be eligible for the second iteration, IMGs must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Medical Degree from an acceptable medical school on the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) list
- Have passed the MCCEE and the NAC OSCE.
- Fulfill the English Language Proficiency requirements through one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT, with a total score of 96 with 24 in each of the four sections. TOEFL iBT score is valid for 2 years from the date taken; or,
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 7 in each component with an overall band score of no less than 7. IELTS scores will be considered valid for 2 years from the date taken.
- Results must be submitted to CaRMS by the application deadline
- Applicants are considered to have met the English Language proficiency requirements if:
- the language of instruction at medical school was English, and
- the primary language of patient care was English, and
- the first and native language of the country where the physician was trained is English.
Supporting Documents for the Second Iteration – please refer to CaRMS website
Applicants will be shortlisted based on their clinical experience, past performance, exam scores and suitability for the site(s) with available position. The overall selection process is based on:
- File Review: Review of medical school dean’s letter/transcript, references (at least one must be from a family physician), and review of the candidate’s personal letter by two reviewers using a standardized score sheet.
- Interview : Score of standardized interview by two interviewers .
Interviews for second iteration are offered by invitation only. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the program. Notification for interview will be made by email or telephone.
Interview process are the same as first iteration. However, applicants living outside of Vancouver will have the option of conducting their interviews by telephone.Interviews for second iteration are offered by invitation only. Applicants will be notified for interview through email or by phone. Interviews will be 25 minutes long and may be conducted by telephone or in person.